cheap-weave
Two weeks after installing an inexpensive hair weave, Brittney Dever, 22 never thought she’d be waking up to a nauseating stench and a bloody scalp.

This college student from Houston Texas said “I went to someone’s house. She installed a weave-in cap in my hair… Two weeks later later I was lying down and there as blood on my pillow.” As she began removing the hair extensions, her own hair came out too. A severe abscess formed at the crown of her scalp, making it prone to infection and permanent hair loss.

Tameka Fletcher, cosmetologist and owner of Natural Resources Salon in Houston Texas says, this was as a result of the weave being pulled too tight, causing tears in her scalp.

Dever’s advice to others:

Go to a salon, that’s sanitary, that’s clean. It’s worth spending the extra money because you get what you pay for. Going to someone’s home to get the extra service may not be the best idea. You can end up losing instead of gaining,” Dever said.

What questions do you have for Brittney?

{ 1 comment }

ad
Page 1 of 5512345...102030...Last »