Note: A formula change has occurred since this review was originally posted. The product no longer moisturizes my hair effectively because of this I have not used this product since.
Where to Buy: Amazon.com, Target
Ingredients: deionized water, wheat germ extract, aloe vera…
At the beauty supply store, attempting to locate a few Curls products I came across Taliah Waajid’s Protective Mist Bodifier. Being the product junkie that I am I’d been in search of Kinky Curly’s Knot Today for a few weeks and it seemed that every store was out of stock but this mist caught my eye simply because it resembled Knot Today. But I must say that I am quite happy to have found it!
- It comes in a spray bottle. You can spray directly onto styles without having to alter your braids or curly style with manipulation or you can spray in your palm as you would with any other moisturizer (See a video about my Braid n’ Curl Maintenance where I used this product as my daily moisturizer).
- Price. Under $8, it is easily the most effect, yet inexpensive moisturizer that you’ll have the chance at finding locally.
- Scent. Reminds me of relaxing on the beach after slathering that tanning oil in the brown bottle with the yellow cap. It smells very tropical (coconut-ish scent).
- Moisture. Moisture. Moisture! – Considering my hair type has more kink that curl, this product actually created more curls than I’d ever experienced with any product even after my hair dried.
- Soft Hair! My hair felt extremely moisturized and so soft. Softer than any other moisturizer I’d ever previously experienced.
- Distribution. Taliah Waajid’s products are only sold in certain markets/stores.
- Coated feeling. Some reviewers on YT complain of a coated feeling, but if you can use Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream, then this mist will not bother you much.
- Bottle finishes quickly. I became addicted to how super soft my hair felt with this product, so I used it every day, sometimes multiple times a day lol (though it was not necessary).
Overall, I think I am inclined to try another product from her line based on this product alone. Any recommendations?