|Hair: Dry Braid-Out|
West: My regimen is pretty simple….at least I think so.
- Shampoo once a month to remove product build up with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. It’s not a true clarifying shampoo, but it gets my hair squeaky clean and also serves as a [lazy] protein treatment.
- All other times, I co-wash with cheapie conditioner to gently but not necessarily totally remove that weeks oils and moisturizers or to even help rinse the deep conditioner from my hair.
- I deep condition every time my hair is going to be wet. I usually use Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment.
- I sometimes deep condition on dry hair, sit under the steamer, and then follow up by sleeping with the deep conditioner. This is especially true when I am planning on flat ironing my hair.
- I detangle with Nioxin Thermal Blis, Kinky Curly Knot Today, It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in, Jane Carter’s Revilatlizing Leave-in, or My Version: Kimmaytube Leave-in.
- I end by braiding or twisting my hair into a protective style using a light hairdress.
- I seal the ends with jojoba oil or castor oil.
I complete this routine usually about once a week…unless I am able to maintain the protective style longer. I usually never go more than 2 weeks without washing my hair.