His Confessions |▶ Mitch

by West Parsons on March 14, 2011 · 12 comments

in his confessions

Anonymous March 14, 2011 at 4:32 am

Wow, this is quite sad. Thank God not all men think like this.

olivia August 3, 2011 at 3:53 am

I LOVE his honesty – its so easy to say the ‘right’ things when a camera is on. My hair looked straight up crazy when I Big Chopped esp as I didn’t know how to take care of my hair and trial and error with products!
I was surprised that my man wanted to go out in public with me (he was so understanding about it). Many girlfriends said I was nuts to chop off my long relaxed hair to get a natty 4a ‘fro so why would a guy be any different?! I love my hair now but trust me – the afro look did not suit my face one bit! x

Anonymous March 14, 2011 at 6:34 am

Hmmmm.. Why would he say if you go natural its a beautiful thing, but then say, the first stages of going natural… you know sometimes it throws a brother off with "nappiness"?! It very big of you to attempt it?! Wow

Anonymous March 14, 2011 at 7:41 am

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.

DesireeLiann March 14, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I REALLY LUV THESE CONFESSION INTERVIEWS!…LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE

INNNTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST

Anonymous March 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Yet another black man negatively influenced by societal norms. Shame, he's so contradictory in his thought process.

amyrose92 March 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Well, it could have been worse. He could've said that he doesn't tolerate natural hair at all, and would dump a woman if she did go natural. Though he is ignorant of the possibility that a woman can grow out her natural hair before cutting the relaxed ends, instead of just shaving it all off. In the end, though, he just proves that black men have a quite a way to go before they can let go of the common standard of beauty and accept the uniqueness of ALL hair types.

NaturalScorpio01 March 15, 2011 at 2:53 am

it was cute to see him attempting to braid his daughters hair. : )

It was kinda hard watching this because I'm wondering how many guys are walking around thinking the exact same thing. It kinda makes me feel a little discouraged considering that I have been natural for a little under a year and have noticed a change in the amount of men who approach me. I dont regret my decision to go natural at all considering I FEEL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL I HAVE EVER FELT, but now I wonder how others percieve me ?

Anonymous March 15, 2011 at 6:22 am

@naturalscorpio Girl don't worry about him, have you seen the people who love natural hair and think its beautiful, don't stress what he said, and don't let him discourage you. He is not your Husband, so its just his warped view of thinking. Dont start getting all self conscious now because of what one guy said. Sweetie, brush it off and know that you and your hair is beautiful no matter what others say or think!
P.S Dont gravitate towards the negative.

Mahogany Soul March 15, 2011 at 8:50 am

he said "brush the sides so that i could see the waves". That made me LOL. i take what men say with a grain of salt. if i had a dry wash and go I'd be Miss "Napps", but if I rocked a braid out I'd look like Ms. Big Curls.

Anonymous March 24, 2011 at 3:20 am

Mitch is so handsome.

Ogo October 31, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I am sorry to offend anyone, but I spent the first five minutes thinking he was high. At any rate, he is an idiot. I don’t know why he would agree to an interview. Lastly, I highly doubt that he had “waves” as he suggested. SMH. Pathetic!