Pictorial – Ombre Manicure

by West Parsons on June 15, 2011 · 6 comments

in guest blogger, nails

Do you notice something slightly different about this manicure? — Yup! You got it.  The colors of each nail varies slightly in shade as you move from the pinky to the thumb.  I’d actually never heard of this until I saw it over on Polished and Refined when KayJay completed this technique in a purple shade.

Gradient coloring is referred to as ombre.  This can be done with nails, hair or clothing, I’ve found.

KayJay happened to have also just completed a pictorial on this pretty cool technique.  She makes it look simpler and a not as messy as I thought it would be.  Check it out HERE.

Have you ever tried an Ombre mani?

TheCoilWhisperer June 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I love your nails and will be trying this. I just bought, tried and love Zoya’s nail polish last weekend. Purchased from Ulta but the selection was slim. Where do you purchase your Zoya nail polish? I believe you live in the Atlanta area, right?

westNDNbeauty June 15, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Hi Coil Whisperer. Actually, these aren’t my nails. This is a guest blog post by KayJay at Refined and Polished. As for me and Zoya, I didn’t even know that Ulta sold them. The last time I purchased Zoya it was directly from their website. Most of my polishes are actually OPI since they are always on sale at Ulta.

KayJay June 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks for the feature West!
@CoilWhisperer…I don’t have an Ulta in my area unfortunately, so I have to order Zoya directly from their website. They are actually having a promo right now where you get two free colors with any purchase through Thurs. If you miss out now, dont worry…they always have good promos. Just like them on fb to keep up.

TheCoilWhisperer June 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Oh okay, I was at work… you know how that can be. Sneaking to look but not looking close enough. LOL Yeah, I went to the Ulta off of Cobb Pkwy, only 4 bottles :-/ But I love Zoya’s polish. Will definitely purchase more.

NMora June 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I will DEF. be doing this in the very near future… go ombre! lol…

p.s. i never tried Zoya, but heard good things… might have to stray away from the Essie and China Glaze for awhile hmmm

westNDNbeauty June 19, 2011 at 11:40 am

Zoya def is worth trying!