10 Best Brands for Natural Hair

by West Parsons on July 18, 2011 · 10 comments

in Uncategorized

source

Essence Online reveals their top brand picks for natural hair:

Oyin Handmande

STAR PRODUCT: Oyin Frank Juice Herbal Leave-in ($11, oyinhandmade.com) is a tonic containing herbs to moisturize and stimulate hair growth; and a scalp-nourishing essential oil blend.

Miss Jessie’s

STAR PRODUCT: Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding ($22, MissJessies.com), a cream hairdress that turns shrunken kinks into glossy, elongated curls.

Kinky-Curly

STAR PRODUCT: Kinky Curly Curling Custard ($29, kinky-curly.com) is an all-natural formula that reduces bulk and defines curls.

Qhemet Biologics

STAR PRODUCT: Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream ($16, QhemetBiologics.com), a rich hairdress that leaves dry hair soft and supple for days! Great for transitioning hair.

Karen’s Body Beautiful

STAR PRODUCT: Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Milk ($16, karensbodybeautiful.com), a heavenly-smelling leave-in that moisturizes, detangles, and defrizzes curls.

Curl Junkie

STAR PRODUCT: Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner ($18, curljunkie.com), an anti-oxidant rich, Cupuacu-infused conditioner that hydrates thirsty curls.

Carol’s Daughter

STAR PRODUCT: Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk ($12, carolsdaughter.com), a gentle lotion blended with lemongrass and vitamin E to define curls and give bounce (Oprah, Jada and MJB-endorsed!).

Hairveda

STAR PRODUCT: Hairveda SitriNillah Masque-Ultra Moisturizing Deep Conditioner ($17.80, hairveda.com) is blended with nourishing orange oil to treats lifeless and brittle hair.

Quidad

STAR PRODUCT: Ouidad Climate Control ($22, ouidad.com), an amino acid-infused gel that prevents curls from expanding in humidity.

JessiCurl

STAR PRODUCT: Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream ($4, JessiCurl.com) washes your curls without stripping them of their natural oils.

Which of these brands are your favorite? Have you tried their star product?

Chalise July 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Thank you for this post. I’be been meaning to buy Kinky Curly for the longest. Miss Jessie’s product is I what I currently use but I’m looking for something more natural.

Stella July 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I wonder if Missjessie’s is any better than before. I guess I’ll have to check out some reviews on youtube or something. Anyway, great post. 🙂

Beneath The Clutter July 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I used to be a product junkie so I’ve tried several of the brands above. But, now that I’ve fallen into a routine, I only use the Kinky Kurly Knot Today. The majority of my products I get from the grocery or retail store (Giovanni, Vo5). I also use Indian powders to create a conditioner for my hair.

Would like to try shea moisture products, which is not on the list. Any good results with that brand?

qtrlifechronicles July 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I think Shea Moisture should be added to this list. Their star product is the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Love it! I’ve only tried Carol’s Daughter from this list… mimosa hair honey, healthy hair butter, and some of marguerite’s magic.

Charissa July 19, 2011 at 10:59 am

I do like Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue (haven’t tried the Curly Pudding) and Carol’s Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. Since these seem to work, I don’t think I will try any of the other items on this list. Thanks for the post!

destine2grow July 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I am a product junkie and I have tried a few brands! I am in love with Cur Junkie and somme pf her products are my staples! I also have a few staples from Hairveda.

GG July 19, 2011 at 9:35 pm

No Shea Moisture??

hehe July 22, 2011 at 3:17 am

Shea Moisture should def replace Miss Jessie’s. Miss Jessie’s is too expensive, sub-par ingredients, and made my hair hard and ashy.

LouisChick July 22, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Shea Moisture!!!!

KCC – meh. Star product in that line, for me, is KCNT
Oyin’s (sorry, too many alternatives in stores) star product is the Honey Hemp Conditioner. Last time I was in the DMV area, didn’t get a chance to go to the store to make a purchase. Love that conditioner so much, now thinking about it, may just order)
Used Miss Jessie’s in the beginning, but once I found better cheaper products, it was a wrap for them.
Liked KBB (because I live in NYC) until ….no negativity

Shea Moisture!!!!! + KCC + Scurl + castor oil = happy hair staples…at least for this warm weather

Chantelle August 17, 2011 at 2:06 am

I have Tried Miss Jessie Curly Meringue, and I look the results on my twist-outs however I have replaced it with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie which gives the same results with a fraction of the cost.
Love Carol’s Daughter Tui Oil product. Hair Milk is ok.