My Hair: When Humdity Gets the Best of Natural Hair

by West Parsons on August 22, 2011 · 9 comments

in hair styles, peek into my world

I recently took a trip to FL to visit my mom.  The pic above is what my hair looked like at the end of my first night out. The humidity had its way with my hair.  It doesn’t help that the restaurant I ate at was outside on the water O_O

I used to live in FL and I can’t remember ever having this much poofy action.  Although predictable, honestly I was quite annoyed by it all.  Anywho, I achieved this style on a twist n’ curl.  See pics below.

What do you do to salvage humidity stricken hair?

Destinee August 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm

This is how my hair looks right now. It is crazy humid in AL today.

Regina s August 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I use fantasia frizz buster after washing and style had no puff

India August 22, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Oh I’m sorry doll face. 🙁 I just moved to tampa and I’m bearing with it. I actually in a group called Naturally You, where curlies in the Tampa bay area get together and discuss tips and tricks with keep our mop top healthy. I learned that moisture is key. 🙂 You may still be a little frizz ball by the end of the day, but your hair will last longer.

westNDNbeauty August 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I actually drench my hair in moisture. I started with blow drying with Sweet Ambrosia and twisted with Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee and sealed with Creamylicious. I think for some environments, the frizzball is unavoidable. Glad I live in ATL.

Karlene August 23, 2011 at 4:20 am

Looks gorgeous!
My hair is 3c & I do exactly this to keep my hair tamed, I love it! I also like to cornrow it to one side & once I take them out I pin one side of my hair if I want the “faux under cut” look 🙂

tiffany August 26, 2011 at 12:28 pm

i live in orlando. i don’t get shrinkage unless i didn’t drench my hair in moisture and seal like a maniac. i have found that use a mix of shea butter and evco has combatted against humidity. u can also use argan oil, as it reduces shrinkage.

df April 14, 2012 at 11:58 pm

looks gorgeous either way like a whole different style. I’m starting to learn to accept my frizz and see it as an alternative style..

taneya September 28, 2012 at 12:33 am

i usually just pin my hair up in some tuck and style type style when my curls explode. when im hit with humidity it usally only certain sections of my hair and im looking crazy

{ 1 trackback }