Dear Tyra Banks — How Could You?!

by West Parsons on September 26, 2011 · 10 comments

in celebrities

My bestie over at Refined & Polished hipped me to the T’s about the TypeF tomfoolery that has been plaguing the net.  Apparently, the website TypeF is dedicated to revolutionizing tailored beauty, though it seems that they are making a mockery of it all, especially the creator Tyra Banks.

Remember when Ms. Banks ended The Tyra Show she made note to say this is not the end  and she will be venturing into an online magazine and probably other online ventures? Well ladies, this is it! TypeF.

Tyra appears have to fully endorsed the foolishness you see below.  I assume this because these videos can be found on the TypeF website (direct link to videos)  as well as their YouTube channel (as of 9/25/11 videos have been made private with a statement issued)

As I watch each video I can’t help but to think we are all being Punk’d. Where is Ahston!? There is no way my girl, Ty-Ty, a woman who stands for so much and is all about girl power and enriching the lives of women can also be in synch with this :-/

What did you gain from watching this tutorial?

Lacoya (thesupercoya) September 26, 2011 at 8:52 am

A mess…..That’s about all I can really fathom to say about those videos…

nubia September 26, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Tomfoolery is putting it kindly! Point blank period!

Livinglovely September 26, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Wow….I’m speechless! As a licensed natural stylist and color tech, I can honestly say that was hard to watch. Tyra is wrong for this. Just a mess. Way to set us back another hundred year Ty-Ty!

Fallon September 26, 2011 at 2:25 pm

A moment in my life I’ll NEVER be able to get back smh…

Angie September 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I gained nothing but thanks to auto play and your large following, Tyra got several more clicks to add to her revenue sharing!

Niki Harris September 28, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Angie!!! Somebody finally gets what I’ve been trying to say all day. Not trying to offend anyone but we keep drawing attention to this is just giving it a bigger life. There is now a huge viral of videos on youtube with people recreating this crap. And we aren’t even really aware of why it was done in the first place. Either way, I still think its like we are becoming the butt of our own joke and not in a good way. It’s time to let this monkey die.

Tierra September 26, 2011 at 6:54 pm

omg, lol that is horrible

Vonmiwi September 26, 2011 at 10:15 pm

My daughter begged me to watch these videos and all I could do was laugh. I also thought that Tyra and Company were only worrying about gaining advertising revenue from this nonsense.

Michelle September 27, 2011 at 9:50 am

Most naturals’ hair would eat that comb up. I know mine would and I don’t even have kinky curly hair.

Plus her edges are eaten out. she’s not what I would consider the standard for all ladies natural. The tutorial was a joke too. Her looked the same from start to finish.

iiona September 27, 2011 at 7:53 pm