White Mom with Impressive Black Hair Styling Skills

by West Parsons on September 28, 2011 · 10 comments

in hair care, hair styles

I can’t remember exactly how I found the Chocolate Hair Vanilla Care blog but I was completely in awe when I saw the styles and realized, Rory a Caucasian mom was behind it.  I proceeded to watch a few of her YouTube videos and was even more impressed with her confidence (rightfully so) and knowledge in creating tutorials of styles done on her daughter, Boo aka Zoe’s hair.

The styles are fantabulous and her hair also looks very healthy and well maintained.

Not only did I watch the hair tutorials, but I also took a peek at some of their family moments. Boo/Zoe is adorable, Rory and her husband are doing an awesome job as parents. This family is a beautiful and I can’t wait to see more videos.

Check out the story of their transracial adoption HERE.

Karen September 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Impressive work! Zoe hair looks great…

Nikki Crawford September 28, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I love it. I have 3 daughters and would love to be able to hook them up like this. Just Beautiful!!

Brandee September 28, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I remember reading up on her a few weeks ago. I learned of her story through a natural hair blog, http://bglhonline.com, and that her story was such an inspiration! It gave me a warm feeling to know that she actually took the time to learn to care for her daughters hair, despite how long the process takes. She didn’t give up and let her daughter go out in public looking any sort of way because of her hair ignorance. I really admire her for doing that! Kudos to Rory!

wanda September 29, 2011 at 12:44 am

Her and her hair are simply beautiful.

Whitney September 29, 2011 at 11:12 am

I’ve followed her blog for awhile now, and her styles are so awesome! Boo is such a little cutie. 🙂

Uni October 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I had to hang my head in shame the first time I saw her styles because she styles 10x’s better than me and her creativity with the styles are amazing. Her daughter is a cutie pie and is so blessed to have been adopted by such a loving family.

Photogenic305 May 20, 2012 at 8:21 pm

She’s ADORABLE!!!!!! Bless her heart and her parents. Beautiful pictures

Keron September 5, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Veery nice, beautiful.

Maryse February 1, 2014 at 12:39 am

Hi, I was just passing by and I noticed you used Boo’s real name? I wondered did you enquire the mother about that? I have been following that blog for a while as well but I never saw her use her daughter’s real name. Would you think it’s ok for you to do so? I am not trying to sound cross, but I am a strong believer in respecting other people’s wishes. Good luck with this blog and have a good day

westNDNbeauty February 1, 2014 at 7:05 am

Hi Maryse. Thanks for stopping by. Regarding Boo’s real name — I created that blog post using information found on Rory’s blog at the time. In other words, the information was available to the public. Please provide a link where she asks that people no longer use her real name and I will respect that wish. Thanks.