Tutorial: Stretching Natural Hair without Heat

by westNDNbeauty on October 3, 2011 · 9 comments

in hair styles, my hair

Stretching isn’t just for relaxed heads! Stretching is a must for naturals when attempting to achieve hair that looks longer and/or bigger. See how I stretch my hair with Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee.  This is an excellent moisturizer on wet and dry hair.  It  offers great hold of my braid outs and twist outs (no matter if done wet or dry).  Definitely is a staple. No if ands or buts!

See my full review of Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee  here.

Aina October 7, 2011 at 8:28 am

Beautiful hair! Did you set the ends on rollers? I just used the CTDG for the first time a couple of days ago, and then braided with the Aethiopika Hydrate and Twist Butter, also from Qhemets. Best braidout ever!!!

westNDNbeauty October 7, 2011 at 8:42 am

Yes I did set the ends on rollers. Qhemets does have some awesome products!

cuttinup97 October 8, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I wonder how this works on 4B hair.

westNDNbeauty October 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm

I’m sure it would work the same.

LBell October 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm

This is how I’ve been stretching my mostly-4b hair for years. Large twists first, leave in until hair is about 60-80% dry, and then braid. Because my hair is pretty thick, I usually make two braids out of one twist, if that makes sense.Of course you’re not going to get the exact same braidout look as she does, but for stretching without heat, it works pretty well.

Mika September 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm

West! I was wondering where can you purchase the detangling ghee and what products do you use to wash your hair??

PS. Your blog is VERY insightful and educating… Thanks for all you do for us going natural. XO’s

westNDNbeauty September 6, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Hi Mika! Thanks for commenting. Within this post there is a LINK above to a review of the detangling ghee; I have added information that you may want to consider before purchasing. The product can be purchased online via http://www.SageNaturalceuticals.com, but I do caution you in that purchase.

If you are inquiring about my hair care regimen I use a number of different products. Lately I have using BASK Cacao DC or Eden Body Works Jojoba Monoi DC, Come Clean Shampoo and Pura Body Naturals Cupuacu Butter and Murumuru Moisture Milk. But next month I may have a whole new line up of products.

{ 2 trackbacks }