1. Detangled with Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk [+] — excellent slip and results in soft, blow dried hair
2. Blow dried using this [+] method — prevents unnecessary mechanical wear on hair
3. Saturated each section with Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee [+] — moisturizes and provides excellent hold and shine
4. Rolled the ends of each with perming rods [+]
5. Unbraided each section carefully.
6. Sealed in moisture with Pura Body Naturals Sapote Oil
Often times it is technique and not product which allows for the success of a hair style. For this style, I say technique and product are both equally important:
1. Do not braid all the way to the ends. Leave approximately 2 generous inches of unbraided hair
2. Add an additional dollop of product on the ends for curl hold and definition
3. When rolling the ends, roll in a spiral motion rather than rolling the hair continuously on itself. This helps to elongate the curl.
4. At risk of sounding like an infomercial — Use CTDG as your styler. Unlike any other moisturizer I have trialed with this style, this product moisturizes and provides a soft hold. It helps to lay your cuticles flat resulting in the crazy sheen and smoothness you see pictured. It does this all without being heavy or causing build up. Note: Being that this and many other Qhemet Biologics products are a hot commodity (online store closes multiple times throughout the year and local vendors sell out really quick), I’ve definitely attempted to substitute other products to duplicate the results and I have not been successful thus far.
UPDATE! New info regarding CTDG [+]