Try This Skin Moisturizer on Your Hair!

by West Parsons on June 18, 2012 · 14 comments

in hair styles, my hair, photo review, product review

Remember  the pic of this cream from a previous post? Well the time has come!  The skin cream you see before you, which also dubs as a hair moisturizer, is BASK Beauty’s Condensed Custard (the Facebook buddies guessed right)! I love this stuff for my skin (especially in the Lemon Beignet ) and was always a little nervous to use it on my hair, even though the labeling briefly mentions use on hair. I actually used it to twist my hair in the pics you see below, which also resulted in the twist outs as well.

MORE: Product Review| Koils By Nature Ultra Moisturizing CocoAloe Deep Conditioner

No I’m not naked. Wearing a halter top :0)

MORE: Summer Travels| Weekend Trip to Tally-Ho

Natosha June 18, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Do you have a tutorial on how to do these twist? I want a natural style this summer but I haven’t mastered one yet.

westNDNbeauty June 18, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I do have a video that shows me doing a similar style (smaller twists), but I don’t have a tutorial on how to flat twist. Flat twisting is too difficult for words to explain clearly (atleast for me it is). But maybe the video will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vREzb8boqI

nika June 18, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Hey west, what is your most favorite conditioner or moisturizer?
or the one you consistently buy? Thanks!

westNDNbeauty June 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I’ve consistently purchased Cocoa Tree Detangling for the last 2 years. I will say, the last batch I purchased doesn’t seem to be reacting the same with my hair. I’ll repurchase once more to see if my hair still behaves funny, but I am still searching for another all-in-one contender. Many have come close.

AmeeraNakisha June 18, 2012 at 5:53 pm

So I was reading your FB post yesterday and it showed the Qhemet CTDG and is that the new packaging? The one that I previously got was in a white jar. It was great too

westNDNbeauty June 19, 2012 at 12:02 am

Yes, new packaging. I hate it. The pump is annoying.

AmeeraNakisha June 18, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Hmmmm, I’ve got some of this at the house now. They gave it to me as a free sample with one of my orders. I may need to try it

westNDNbeauty June 18, 2012 at 3:42 pm

You should! Let me know how it goes 🙂

yacoomba June 18, 2012 at 11:16 pm

I think I was on the $ too w/ guessing,lol. I just added in the Thick Body Cream part on it. That’s where I got the whole CCTBC from. 🙂 nice twists and glad you got great results! I want elongated twists,but don’t want to spend $ on another product right now.*sigh*

westNDNbeauty June 19, 2012 at 12:04 am

Lol. oh! I guess you guessed right! Know that the product is not what got my twists to look stretched. Any product I used would have resulted in the stretched twists. It is more about technique and the state of the hair before twisting 🙂

yacoomba June 19, 2012 at 9:01 am

:-), I’ve seen your vie on how you stretch the hair (heat and heatless). ?: I normally try to stretch my hair by putting them in twists (16_20 total), my hair is very thick so it takes sometimes 2 days to dry(never w/ a lot of hangtime). I’m kindof against heat right now since I got damage from a flatironed session back in Oct. All it takes is one time for me to get burned and I’m done (literally), lol. State of the hair: do you mean moisture and conditioning? If you have a vid on this let me know. 🙂

westNDNbeauty June 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Sorry about your damage. You’ll bounce back. Just take due care. The “state” I speak of is stretched hair. That’s all 🙂

yacoomba June 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Thanks for replying and clarifying the “state” for me. 🙂

MsMissReRe September 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Wow, skin cream for hair. Who knew?!? So many things we use can be used for our hair I see. I will have to try that one day. Cantu Shea Butter, extra virgin olive oil, and water are my signature hair products. 🙂