MeechyMonroe Shows Us How Curlformers are Done!

by West Parsons on September 19, 2012 · 7 comments

in hair styles, tutorial

Since the dawn of Curlformers there has been mixed reviews of these funky looking curlers; claims of  hair snagging, lack of  size variety and just being plain out difficult to deal with. All of those reviews left much to be desired and disinterest for most, including myself….that was until MeechyMonroe showed us how it was supposed to be done!

Key Tips When Using Curlformers
1. Start with clean damp hair
2. Apply product to hair in small sections and only just before adding the roller
3. Ensure the curlformer is completely straightened before pulling and removing from hair

Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to Meechy’s channel!

Have you tried Curlformers?

Sheila September 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Do you think you need have soft hair to do this hairstyle? It might not look like that on everyone.

nika September 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm

What do you mean by soft hair? What is your hair texture? I have 4a and 4b hair it and basically came out like hers?

nika September 21, 2012 at 8:22 pm

check out naptural85 vid she did them and they came out beautifully…

Rhonda September 22, 2012 at 7:53 am

I love her hair! Beautiful! I cannot wait until my hair reaches a length to try that style.

Susan - Knitters Delight September 22, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I mostly wear wash-n-go quick styles, but have had a lot of compliments on my hair the few times i have used my curlformers. I think they do need longer ones, though. I don’t even have bra-strap length hair yet.

nikki March 31, 2013 at 3:58 pm

What size curlformers did you use and there is so many I don’t want them too big probably the same size as yours

Rachel May 12, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I have them and have not used them yet. I have seen them done exactly like above, except there was no twisting of the hair at the root, just looped and pulled (which I prefer)

These are great tutorials