How to| Perfectly Arched Eyebrows — Tweezers Optional

by West Parsons on November 5, 2012 · 8 comments

in beauty, makeup

Eyebrows are what some call thee most important facial feature. Well-arched brows are imperative in defining a clean and  finished made-up face. Let’s be real, eyebrows can make or break your entire look.

READ MORE: Easy Eyeshadow Application for the Makeup Challlenged Using One Shadow

The first obvious remedy to dressing your brows, for most, involve wax, tweezers or razors. For others like myself whose brows generally grow clean, there is still much to be desired. I opt for the use of concealer to fake the arch and define my brows.

I recommend being very careful and blending well. Failure to do so can lead to being a victim of a captioned Instagram photo lol. I am guilty of that crime. See  photo below.

Struggling with your brows?  Lilpumpkinpie05 (Jackie O) demonstrates her brow routine.

Are you a plucker or waxer of brows?

Sheila November 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I use wax and the razor. I have been using razor because eyebrows are getting sparse. Latisse is now my new friend.

AmeeraNakisha November 5, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I get threading and although it’s not the best feeling in the world, it leaves my brows *in my Martin voice* looking like the bomb LOL

s/n I personally thought your brows looked cute in that second pic but I don’t wear make up or know anything about it so…..

westNDNbeauty November 5, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Thanks, And I love that you are referencing Martin LMAO. Love that show!

Nikki White November 6, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Man, wax all the way! Plucking is like extending da pain. But I still remember the first time I got my brows done. Changed my face completely. Have been a believer ever since but getting that perfect arch aint easy. will be using these tips for sho.

AmeeraNakisha November 6, 2012 at 5:53 pm

YES!!! A fresh pair of brows gives you a totally different look. I get mine done every 2 weeks faithfully. It’s a must

Krystal M. November 18, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Mainly, I’m a threadder. I feel like it gives better definition and the thought of hot wax on my face does nothing for me -_-

On the in between days, I rather a tweezer.

Shennell January 20, 2014 at 3:39 am

What is better threading or make -up in your opinion and why?

Also can u have threading and make up at the same time?

westNDNbeauty January 23, 2014 at 12:25 am

Hi Shennell, Whether someone decides to thread, pluck, wax or conceal with makeup has most to do with the natural shape of their brows. I choose to conceal only because my brows are naturally arched and I don’t think the headache of grooming them is necessary in my case. I simply use the concealer to define them a bit more.

If my brows were not naturally shaped like this, grooming, concealing and filling in would probably be necessary.