Curls Kinks Coils| Beyonce Rocks Textured Hair

by West Parsons on February 15, 2013 · 6 comments

in celebrities, curls kinks coils

*For the record, I am fully aware Beyonce may not be natural and these photos are a representation of textured hair.

No matter what anyone says about Beyonce, you cannot deny the woman has a CRAZY work ethic.  She’s just entered a new phase in life of parenthood and yet she still decides to offer herself for a world tour, which is selling out in seconds might I add.  Who does that? Bey.

In the process she has created a media frenzy starting with the  National Anthem Press Conference, leading to the Super Bowl Lights Out and now Beyonce Day aka Saturday February 16.  On this day she will be featured on Oprah’s Next Chapter and then an HBO Documentary.

But before alladat, here is Bey the in a light us textured gals can appreciate.

Will you be watching?

Alexis February 15, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I’m confused about this post. Are you saying that the pictures you posted are of Beyonce wearing her Natural hair cause it’s not. Those are also weaves.

westNDNbeauty February 15, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Hi Alexis, I’m aware Beyonce is not natural and she often wears hair pieces.

Jessica February 16, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Hello! Love your post! She has stated that she is natural. She just loves to wear hair pieces. Go figure. She would be a great spokes woman for natural products. Maybe she just has her hands full lol. Have a blessed weekend!

AmeeraNakisha February 16, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I was going to say, actually her REAL hair is natural (that’s what she said) and a weave is no different than a protective style. But I’m sure someone will comment about the hair color and that she wants to be white because of it…SMH & LOL at the same damn time!

Anyway, I think the whole point of the this post was to show that even Bey is not afraid to embrace kink/texture, real or not.

...IJS February 21, 2013 at 9:28 am

Ok so I like some of her songs I heart on the radio but I’m not a super fan; however I do give credit where it is due but do not obsess over her our any other “celebrity” like others seem to; or make it my business to know their business. Its called having a life ppl…try it.

Anyty whoz (in my rupaul voice) In reply to the previous comment: big deal, she colors her hair. Color does not make the hair “unnatural” it just makes it not virgin hair, so if anyone is foolish enough to make that comment they need to educate themselves otherwise. 2ndly, Ppl who say she wants 2 be white are the same ppl who LOOK for flaws in ppl when they can’t anything nice to say due to jealousy & insecurity…i.e. Natural born haters. The girl is light complexed already so I guess she made it appoint to make that happen yet still be black? LMAO

3rdly, The 1st comment cracks me up because I coulda sworn I saw “these photos are just for reference for TEXTURE” as the 1st sentence I read… so any damn fool with a set of eyes, hell even a cock-eyes dunce can see she wears weaves, wigs, etc & like the previous person pointed out…weaves are protective styles too. Duh… Braids, wigs, weaves, sew-ins etc.

IJS

Kendra Jimerson February 21, 2013 at 4:00 pm

LOL tell us how you REALLLLLLY feel?