How To| Achieve a Big Curly Flat Twist-Out

by West Parsons on April 8, 2013 · 12 comments

in hair styles, tutorial

donedo1
Came across this beauty on Instagram. Her name is  Donedo[+] and her pics are like eyecandy for the natural-hair-loving-beauty-junkie! Below she demonstrates how she achieved this big curly afro, which she makes look super simple…if you know how to flat twist lol. SUBSCRIBE!

donedo2

What products do you use for your braid-outs and twist-outs?

Desiree April 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm

This looks so great. Sometimes for me the hardest part is separating my hair once I’ve taken put the twists or knows. She makes it looks so easy.

westNDNbeauty April 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Yes she does. Another trick would be to retwist hair that was previously twisted into larger twists. When you remove them, the separation and fluff is automatic when you remove the twists 🙂

tdwalton April 9, 2013 at 8:06 pm

OMG!!! you cant buy those curls! that twist out ws perfection! Those curls are everything!

I have never done the two separate rows on the front in back so i will try that. but i usually only do two rows in the back! thanks for the tip. i will probably skip the gel but she had great hold in her hair!

thanks for the post!

westNDNbeauty April 13, 2013 at 9:57 pm

You’re welcome, Doll!

AmeeraNakisha April 10, 2013 at 9:35 pm

The glossy sheen on her hair is AMAZING

westNDNbeauty April 12, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Isn’t it tho? Gosh!

KayJay at Refined & Polished April 12, 2013 at 11:23 am

So cute! I’m not going to even attempt this since I fail at flat twisting.

westNDNbeauty April 12, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Lol. We’re gonna fix that by the end of the year.

nappy headed black girl April 22, 2013 at 9:14 am

She’s pretty. I discovered her a couple of weeks ago and agree that she has some fabulous hair and styles.

It’s been so long since I’ve done a twist out that I can’t even remember the products I used to use. I was never big on products, so probably some type of light oil.

Arie Turner April 29, 2013 at 8:31 pm

That’s super gorgeous. I’ve seen about 2 ladies who’ve perfected this style and I’m super jelly!

I’m actually trying it tonight. I don’t have as many rollers, tho :/ So, who knows how it’ll turn out! lol

tenise October 22, 2013 at 5:07 pm

What are the best products to use on a twist-out or braid-out?

westNDNbeauty October 23, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Hi Tenise, It’s hard to recommend a specific product. What you use depends on your hair type and what your hair responds well too. To find your perfect product may take a little trial and error. Consider checking out the products that someone with a similar hair texture to you uses.