Prior to trying these products I deep conditioned using a homemade Coconut Cream Relaxer Treatment (video tutorial).
After seeing all the hype about these products on IG and Twitter, I contacted the folks at Eden Body Works and they obliged to a review! Before diving in myself, I let my boo KayJay over at Refined & Polished[+] be the guinea pig. After she gave it her approval, I gave it a go!
Cleansing Co-Wash ($8.99)
This is probably one of the only co-washes that I’ve tried which actually does what it says. There was a slight lather and when I rinsed my hair didn’t feel stripped. This is a good option for those who seek a little more cleansing than what a regular conditioner can offer. The only thing I did not like is the container. Water is bound to get into the product, which can possibly make it go bad before its time.
Leave-in Conditioner ($8.99)
Honestly, I could take it or leave it. For my hair, it was not able to stand alone and moisturize adequately without pairing it.
Pudding Souffle ($8.99)
This product is marketed for soft hold and I initially began twisting my hair with it, but I wanted to see how it differed from the Defining Curl Creme and found the Souffle did not produce twists which were as smooth as the Curling Creme. I put the Souffle to the side and continued twisting with the Curl Creme. The texture of both products is quite similar and can easily be mistaken for the other if there was no label.
Defining Curl Creme ($8.99)
Initially, I didn’t think I would be using this product at all because the name eluded to it being something for wash-n-gos, and y’all know I don’t do wash-n-gos! But I tried the product anyway and twisted the remainder of my hair with it and finished each twist with my homemade coconut oil. I LOVED the end result! My twists were soft, smooth, and shiny. I twisted out at the end of the week and again loved the body and volume of my hair.
After this first twist out began to frizz, I re-twisted my hair. Again wearing the twists for the week and then twisting out at the end of the week and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was no build-up. My hair was just as light and fluffy as the first time.
When it comes to hold, this product works well if the dew point is not too high. As the weather cools down, I predict many a good hair days. And I must also mention the price — this is an absolute bargain! I think I’ll be able to stretch this jar at least through Thanksgiving. Another EBW product added to my list of holy grails.
Scent: Smells like a day at the beach. Very coconutty
Interested in winning any item of your choice from my online jewelry store Sleek Jewels?
- LIKE + SHARE + COMMENT on THIS Facebook photo (you must do all 3)
- Your comment should include which item from jewelry store you would like to win
- Winner will be randomly chosen based on the public share list and announced on Friday, September 20 via Facebook (be sure to follow and subscribe to Confessions of a Blog Vixen’s FB page).
- Winner has 48 hours to respond via e-mail and Facebook
- This giveaway is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Confessions of a Blog Vixen is not liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s). Contest open to all (U.S. including U.S. Virgin Islands)
Necklace coming soon to Sleek Jewels.