How To| No-Heat Bantu Knot-Out

by West Parsons on October 5, 2013 · 8 comments

in hair styles

samirah_bantuknotout

Samirah Gilly demonstrates how she achieves the perfect bantu knot-out without using heat in the stretching process. Key items of this style include a moisturizer, oil, and Denman brush.

Don’t forget to subscribe to Samirah!

READ MORE: Product Review| Karen’s Body Beautiful Super Duper Hydrating Cream

What trick do you use to ensure the perfect bantu knot-out?

Marie Young October 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm

My bantu knots always come out busted. I think what I learned from this video is that I need to use a product with no water and the way I twist out my hair in the morning.

Hers look soooooo good. Thanks for sharing!

The Frugal Exerciser October 6, 2013 at 11:51 am

Unless your hair is heat trained or 3b or 3c, they are not going to look like that.

The Frugal Exerciser October 6, 2013 at 11:55 am

That’s what I hate about these videos sometimes, people think they can achieve the same exact results, but not boo, your hair is a different grade. I have 4a and 4b hair and I know and not about to attempt this because it ain’t coming out like Ms. Gilly.

BlckOrchid October 17, 2013 at 11:24 pm

It looks like she has 4A hair or pretty similar. Doesn’t look 3C.

Thetruthisoutthere November 13, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Wow – great technique! She took the time to pre-stretch her hair – which if you have kinky-coily hair is vital for smooth sets. Note she also used a reversion-proof pomade, which provides shine and suppleness to her hair without adding moisture inducing reversion.

Granted I don’t have the length to get her results, if one has the patience for the two-day steps involved , this is an effective technique for achieving successful knot out on kinky textures!!

I will try her technique with my next knot out!

Sarah Rashid February 13, 2014 at 12:28 am

Perfect! my friend wanted me to do her bantu knots for her, now i have an updated method for her to try.

jacqui August 27, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Great video. Did you have any product on your hair when it was drying it.

West Parsons September 12, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Hi Jacqui, did you watch the entire video? There were products used to make the knots.