Winter is in full swing and my skin is parched! As I’ve become more concious of the parabens and other not-so-good ingredients found in store-bought moisturizers, this mix was inevitable. I gathered up a bunch of good stuff from my bathroom and kitchen and gave my skin life! I’m sure this can be a great sealant for your hair as well 🙂
Oh and what a great way to show someone you care with a handmade holiday gift 😉
- 16 oz raw shea butter
- 4 oz raw cocoa butter
- 4 heaping tbsp of coconut oil
- 6 drops of argan oil
- 3 tbsp of jojoba oil
- 8 oz mason jars
- Melt the cocoa butter and shea butter on a double boiler.
- Remove from double boiler and blend both butters with hand mixer
- Place in the freezer for approximately 10 minutes to help re-solidify
- Making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl prior to, blend again. You will notice the butters begin to cream.
- Add all oils and continue blending until your desired constancy is reached.
- Spoon into container.
Hint: The more oil you add, the creamier the butter will be. Coconut oil gives the biggest bang for your buck — it moisturizes and is the most inexpensive.
Like fragrant butters? Amazon has tons of essential oils!